From 23.11.2018 to 3.01.2019, we conducted a survey on user satisfaction with the use of the BazTech database. The aim of the survey was to assess the usefulness and functionality of the database, determine the areas and frequency of its use and identify the needs and level of satisfaction of database users.
We would like to thank all respondents for their time and filling in the questionnaires – it will allow us to make changes for the better!
The questionnaires were filled in by 269 people, of which 35% were scientists and 27% librarians. Here are some of the most important results of the survey:
- every fourth respondent uses the database several times a week, and every third respondent uses it several times a month,
- the most frequently indicated aim of using the database was to search for materials for scientific work (45%), but the following were also indicated: tracking the publishing market of technical journals (26%), searching for materials to conduct classes (22%), tracking new publications in an interesting field/sector (23%), and searching for materials to learn and write a diploma paper (21%),
- 87% of the respondents stated that descriptions of articles in the database contain a sufficient set of data,
- 81% of respondents assessed the search in the database as satisfactory, although 5.2% of respondents indicated that the search techniques do not allow for precise formulation of the question,
- 92% of the respondents assessed the database as very useful, rather useful or useful.
Detailed results of the study will be published shortly.